domingo, 22 de marzo de 2015

Ready to work@ #ibmcsc #india

I can´t believe it´s Sunday night!! After a long flight (over 40 hours) and a bit of a panic attack after being told my luggage was missing -and Emirates had no record of it being checked-in!!- it seems  weekend is up and we are getting ready to meet our partner tomorrow!
Bangalore is a beautiful city: full of trees, flowers and plenty of tuc tucs*!! Our hotel is next to Ulsoor Lake, a very nice area. We have visited a palace, a local park and a very crowded "commerce" street yesterday. It is hot but usually windy, so the heat is not that bad. And food turned out to be great!!I have had not only Indian food, but also Vietnamese and European!
But what I have enjoyed the most during the last few days is the time spent with the #ibmcsc #india 26 team. It is such a beautiful group of people! Everybody is happy to assist you as family would at home. Smiles 24/7.
Today we attended a workshop to become more familiar with Indian society, culture and politics, among other topics. I could not avoid thinking how many things we take for granted at home, and I am so happy to collaborate in a project to improve children opportunities through education. What a great challenge to come...
After our first team dinner tonight, I came back to the hotel to find my dear dear (so dear) luggage waiting for me in the lobby. So now YES, I´m ready! Meeting with my sub-team for breakfast tomorrow to prepare for Monday´s agenda.

*tuc tucs are the local taxis, I am attaching a pic below! 



1 comentario:

  1. Exitos Mañana Coniiii :) Me encanta leerte tan Feliz y Motivada. Te quierooo!!!

    ResponderBorrar